Posted on January 10, 2011 by withinaquarterinch
I could be complaining that it is snowing in NC for the 2nd time this year when I was
promised told that it snows every 10 years here.
Or – I could be complaining that this means the kids are home from school today and my regularly scheduled programming has been preempted.
BUT – instead I will CELEBRATE that we now live in a house where I can say ‘why don’t you 2 play outside?’ and I don’t have to go with them! Thankful for fences and big back yards today.
And holy moly – WHEN did she get SO big?!
Filed under: life, Musings, Twins | 3 Comments »
Posted on July 3, 2010 by withinaquarterinch
Before we get onto the crazy lady portion of the post – I thought I should start with some pretty pictures because without pictures; the blog police come out. (just kidding – aka quilt police).
This quilt was so delicious in person. Literally stopped me in my tracks! I couldn’t believe that this was actually made up of BLOCKS and not just a whole cloth! Unbelievable seam matching!
Sorry the last one is blurry…
Onto the CRAZY LADY Portion of the post. In order of appearance.
1 – Moving:
- Packers coming on Monday
- TWO 3 year olds constantly underfoot. Wanting to play arts and crafts with everything I am trying pack.
- Why am I packing – see above – because the packers cannot lay their uckyiness (no offense) on my pristine fabric – because I have a feeling we are talking long term storage in boxes and I need to label it all PERFECTLY so that I can find it one day – because no one loves my treasures the way I do. You understand.
- Racing to put ‘like items together’ so that the packers don’t put weird things together in a box. It makes unpacking a night mare. I am even trying to round up all of my tension rods (weird obsession, I know, but I use them for everything!).
- Making yet another ‘run’ to the donation center today. How much stuff we don’t need is truly remarkable. And how much of it was brought from California in the first place is even more remarkable.
- Gathering up all of the kids clothes that they have grown out of. Third round. We knew we were moving in February. Round One. Summer came. Round Two. They keep growing! Round Three. And giving to a neighbour that can make good use of them. EXCEPT of course for the precious articles that I can’t bare to part with. Wait until the next move, I guess.
- Fruit Flies!!! I hate them. Enough said.
- Still have to go through the kitchen and get rid of weird food items like shmushed granola bars.
- Etc. Etc. Etc.
2 – Car:
- Hey, why not get a new car? I mean, it’s not like I’m busy or anything, right?
- Jarrod says I am definitely manic because I went out for milk and came home with a new car. No, seriously.
- Truly the easiest and smoothest transaction I have ever partaken in – so odd, eh? And a really good sale.
3 – Selling the house:
- Can you believe that 3 days before we are to move out of our own private Athens we receive a BID ON THE HOUSE!!!! A truly pitiful offer, really. Still in the counter your counter offer phase but pretty sure the deal will go through because we are basically giving away the cow, the milk, the milk carton, the fridge to keep it cold in, the glass – you get the picture. I am just happy that we are not in a worse off position like so many others are. At least we will pay off our mortgage. But the renovations? Free. Getting back what we paid for the house? No.
- Realtor just called. Sold!
4 – Goodbye parties:
- Thankful that people give a hoot about us and want to ‘say goodbye’ but why in the last few days before we move when we have a zillion things to do? Like right now, I have to load the (new!) car with the donation run and then pick something up to bring to the potluck (why we have to bring something I don’t know but whatever) and then go to said potluck. Bye bye rest of today.
5 – Sanity:
- I have assembled little ‘kits’ of my own for 2 projects in addition to the ongoing Grandmother’s Flower Garden quilt. Really, I have no idea when I will be back in ‘production’ ha! so I am making sure that there will still be accessible quilty goodness to ensure an outlet for all of this pent up stress (rage!?).
So – this crazy lady is signing off for now.
I’ll be back soon.
After we drive from here to there with the kids in the backseat. Yippy.
Filed under: life, Musings, Quilt Shows, Twins | 4 Comments »
Posted on June 8, 2010 by withinaquarterinch
They were singing ‘I’m bring home a baby bumble bee… won’t my mommy be so proud of me…’
Yes baby girl, We are SO Proud of you, with or without, the Bumble Bee.
(Sarah is wearing pink shorts in the photo). And notice the matching tie-dyes? The kids LOVED having special shirts for a special day.
I love you baby girl – even though right now you are wrestling with your twin brother who does not want to wrestle and therefore you are just beating him up. Maybe I should be mommying instead of blogging.
See ya soon.
Filed under: Twins | 4 Comments »
Posted on May 12, 2010 by withinaquarterinch
First Mother’s Day where the kids kinda understood what it was about. Although Sarah kept asking where her present was… The kids bought me some chocolate (which I shared) and Jarrod bought me (the requested) new coffee maker.
On Monday, we did our groceries and I guess they just did not need these balloons anymore because ‘the waiter man’ (according to Sarah) clipped them right the babies carts! Yup, I lug around 2 carts when shopping… They are getting heavy!
Sarah is actually in the bag, in case you were wondering. Then Jarrod said he couldn’t take her photo because she was nack-ed under there. Sunglasses and the balloon to the rescue!
Filed under: quilting, Twins | 4 Comments »
Posted on December 20, 2009 by withinaquarterinch
Posted on November 9, 2009 by withinaquarterinch
So – Jarrod did find the fancy software and then I did watch all of the tutorials and figured it out. Then it didn’t work! At least not on my piece of laptop…
So – I tried something else – no good; picture was too grainy.
The next one? no good; the mouse pointer doesn’t show in the video.
The next one? no good; the sound, oy, the sound issues…
So the quest for new tutorial software continues.
I am SO sorry that it is taking so long to figure this out and get a new session of Seams of Opal out to you guys! And because of all of the time spent doing the above – I haven’t time to record a podcast either.
Catch 22 anyone?
Oh, and Max fell at the park and knocked out his 2 front teeth. Poor kid.
Filed under: Musings, Twins | 7 Comments »
Posted on April 26, 2009 by withinaquarterinch
I have returned to the land of …. um… well, anyway, I’m home!
And yes – I DID drive from Montreal to Athens with the Twins ALONE! However – fear not, I made it fun (for me, at least!)
I just punched ‘QUILT’ into the GPS and away we went – so much to share – as soon as I can, a new episode to come:)
AND – I will be announcing the winner of the Fraktur Fabrics very shortly… Thanks for all of the participation!
Filed under: Musings, quilting, Twins | 2 Comments »
Posted on December 31, 2008 by withinaquarterinch
Wow – am I ever excited – the Alphabet Match Game has SOLD!!
Nothing like a sale to make someone feel great.
I have more items to post in the shop and of course, a new PODCAST coming as well. I would have recorded yesterday, but the twins decided not to nap yesterday. We are doing really well with the new SAHM thing – but less so when naps don’t happen….
Filed under: etsy, quilting, Twins | 1 Comment »
Posted on December 19, 2008 by withinaquarterinch
I have been working on this ETSY shop update (with all of ONE item!!) for weeks – and I am so pleased with how it turned out!
Please have a look – let me know what you think – how can I make it even better??
It’s an Alphabet Mix and Match (well, really just Match, I suppose!) game that is completely safe for children of all ages. I am so glad that I finally got to use parts of nearly every Japanese book I’ve ever purchased – tweak this, tweak that, and voila, my own creation….
Filed under: Applique, etsy, Pieces I've done, quilting, Twins | 2 Comments »
Posted on November 30, 2008 by withinaquarterinch
We had a little party for them at their daycare – It was really sweet (and easy!)
Filed under: Twins | 1 Comment »